When using SEFCU OnLine, it is important that you feel confident that your account information is safe and secure. Because security is SEFCU’s top priority, we have many features in place to help protect your account. It is also important that you are aware of the security measures that you should follow. Below, we have identified the security features in place and provided some tips about how you can protect your account.
SEFCU OnLine Security Features
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption provides a secure channel for data transmission.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) login process requires more than just a password to access your account.
- Member Options tab within online banking allows you to change passwords and time-out periods at any time.
- Email Alerts are sent to you as confirmation any time your password, email address, or MFA information is updated within SEFCU OnLine.
- Text Alerts can be sent to your mobile device when your balance drops below a pre-determined amount you specify. You can also receive alerts when withdrawals occur that are larger than your pre-selected amount.
Protecting Your SEFCU OnLine Account
- Keep your computer(s) safe by having anti-virus/malware protection, install a secure firewall, and configure your computer to automatically check and install security updates.
- Secure or complex passwords should always be used. Never use all numeric, easy-to-guess, or passwords that are actual words found in a dictionary.
- Change passwords regularly, such as every 60 or 90 days.
- Do not use the same password for SEFCU OnLine that you use for other websites or email logins.
- Use encrypted trusted websites when conducting transactions. Always make sure that the website URL has an “s” after “http” (such as https://www.sefcu.com).
- Protect against spam by never opening, responding to, or attempting to unsubscribe to unsolicited spam email messages.
- Never send account information via non-secure email.
- Do not click on web links in emails or open attachments from strangers, from those you do not trust, or if you are not expecting the email.
- Perform periodic risk assessments if you have business accounts at SEFCU. Review the controls that you have in place and ensure that employees follow the above recommendations.
- Know your responsibility and liabilities associated with OnLine Banking. Review the SEFCU OnLine Disclosure.
- Call SEFCU immediately if something seems suspicious. Our Member Solutions Center representatives are ready to assist you Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., at 800-727-3328.