Tax Information

Turbo Tax QR Code
Tax season is in full swing! Here is some helpful information as you prepare to file your 2021 taxes. 

SEFCU encourages you to retain any and all IRS documents and SEFCU periodic statements related to and showing the third Economic Impact Payments into your account. While the third payment is not to be reported as taxable income, you may need this information for calculating any Recovery Rebate Credit you may be entitled to. You should consult your tax advisor for details specific to your situation. Click here to read details from the IRS.

2021 Tax Documents

  • Once tax forms are available, if you are enrolled in eStatements you can access your tax forms by logging into online banking. Click here for instructions on where you can find the forms. 
  • If you receive paper statements, tax forms will be sent in the mail the week of January 17, 2022. In the future, if you are interested in receiving your tax forms sooner, consider enrolling in eStatements. You will be able to view current Tax Documents and the previous two years of statements as soon as they become available, while avoiding any potential mail delays.

How to have your tax return directly deposited

If you have already filed your 2021 taxes and used your 10-digit account number, your tax refund will be deposited into your account as you have instructed. 

If you haven’t filed your 2021 taxes yet we encourage you to use your 10-digit account number for the account where you’d like your refund to be deposited. You can find your 10-digit account number by logging into online banking or the Mobile app, selecting the account you would like to get the account number for, and then clicking "Account Details" at the top of the screen. Then click the eye in the account number field to reveal the full account number. You can also find your account number on your SEFCU account statement.


Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why didn’t I receive a 1099-INT form?
A. If you earned less than $10 in dividends in 2021, you will not receive a 1099-INT form.  When completing your 2021 taxes you can use the year-to-date dividend amount(s) from your December 2021 statement(s).

Q. I closed my account in 2021. Why did I receive a 1099-INT form?
A. If you earned more than $10 in dividends in 2021 you will receive a 1099-INT form.  

Q. Why does the account number on the 1098-E, 1099-R, and/or 1098-SA form(s) look different?
A. These accounts/loans will show all accounts/loans as a single line item on the applicable form(s) that contains a Plan Number (for IRAs and HSAs) and/or a Master Line Number for student loans.

Q. How current is the information contained on the tax forms being issued?
A. Account activity and maintenance conducted through 12/31/21 are included in the forms.  

Q. I am joint on a SEFCU account. How do I access my tax forms? 
A. If you are the joint member on a SEFCU account, we recommend asking the primary member to access or request 2021 tax forms so you can receive them in the most efficient way.

Q. What do I need to do if the address on my tax documents is incorrect?
A. No action is necessary if the address on your tax documents isn’t your current address. You should file your taxes as you normally would and update your address with SEFCU as soon as possible.

Q. Are SEFCU members eligible for any tax-filing discounts?
A. New and returning TurboTax filers who are SEFCU members can save up to $20 on federal online products. File now!